PalmOS version?

Advertisement

RalphG

PalmOS version?

Hello:

We've been using WinSCP for a couple of years now to perform secure file transfers when working from home -- we absolutely love WinSCP, excellent work!

A few of us now have the Palm Treo650 smart phone with wireless Internet access. It would be great to have a PalmOS version of WinSCP (PalmSCP?) to allow us to transfer files to and from the Treo. Do you know if there is anything like this available for Palm?

I've searched and searched and cannot find any SFTP or SCP client for PalmOS -- oddly, there are numerous clients for VNC type of access (pretty brutal on small screen with low bandwidth connection), and SSH terminal access (without tunneling capabilities).

I tried searching the forum here, but no luck. I thought that since WinSCP is essentially the exact application we are looking for -- but for PalmOS -- I'd give this a try too.

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

RalphG

If its so hard to port -- then why so many VNC incarnations?

Khaos wrote:

I've programmed for PalmOS, it's essentially so different platform that no easy port could be done.

I don't profess to know anything about programming for PalmOS, or any other OS for that matter, but it still strikes me as odd that there has been so much effort porting VNC and the like to PalmOS -- which would seem to be pretty difficult to do well -- with virtually no effort to port an SSH-based file transfer client. There are so many Linux-based file servers out there (with SSH already built in), that one would think that people using or administering those servers would like to be able to easily do secure file transfers to/from their connected Palm handhelds via SFTP, without having to purchase an expensive VPN client or subscription-based service... call me crazy I guess. :?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum