Plugin for Total/Windows Commander

Advertisement

mastabog
Donor

Plugin for Total/Windows Commander

If you don;t alkready know, Total Commander (former known as Windows Commander) is one of the most popular file managers. It says it's shareware but actually it asks you to press one key before starting it (no other limitations watsoever) so you can see it as free software.

It would be GREAT if you could do a plugin for it as you did for FAR. There is a plugin for TC but badly written and no longer in development. The documentation for File System plugins of TC can be found here: https://www.ghisler.com/plugins.htm#filesys (last link in the File System plugins list) or a direct link (might change) here: http://ghisler.fileburst.com/fsplugins/fspluginhelp1.3.zip

Or maybe you can provide us with a compatible DLL so that we can implement ourselves a plugin for TC using your DLL.

Thanks anyway for WinSCP, great tool.

Cheers.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Plugin for Total/Windows Commander

I know about Total Commander. I may implement plugin for it eventually. But I do not promise anything :-)

It could be really wonderful to implement plugin like this in Totalcmd.
It will be great to use only one aplication for almost everything about files and transfers ...

Many Thanks

chris.aw

A WinSCP-Plugin for Total Commander would not be nice... it would be great :!:

It's a really complete commander still under development...

Please! :wink:

Advertisement

Wurmi

I think many people would appreciate plugin for Total commander. As was already said, there is a simple sftp plugin, but it lacks on features and it doesn't support scp protocol. :?
:idea: You could put it as a poll question on your page and see the response

thanks

Wurmi 8)

"drzim palce"

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Wurmi wrote:

You could put it as a poll question on your page and see the response :wink:
OK, next time I will :-)

Advertisement

Advertisement

Michael

Hello Martin,

why in detail you are not interesting in developing a winscp based scp/sftp plugin for TotalCommander? I know it is not very funny to add plugins for every filemanager and it could be a lot of work, but TotalCommander has a big and great Community which would thank you very much if you could add such a plugin.

Greetings,
Michael

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Michael wrote:

why in detail you are not interesting in developing a winscp based scp/sftp plugin for TotalCommander? I know it is not very funny to add plugins for every filemanager and it could be a lot of work, but TotalCommander has a big and great Community which would thank you very much if you could add such a plugin.
Well, I do not like Total Commander. I has ugly and non-intuitive user interface. Whenever I have to use it, I'm not able to find function I need. I know that it is just personal that many people are satisfied with it. But I'm not.

Well, I do not like Total Commander.
I understand, I also do not have any motivation to develop extensions for apps I do not like.
It has ugly user interface.
Well, thats true...
but I use it now for years and so I like many things of it. Maybe I'll find time someday to write a WinSCP based extension...

Greetings,
Michael

Michael wrote:

Subscribe to this )
It would be REALLY nice if someone could develop such plugin.

Advertisement

Martin Dzubak

plugin to total commander or TABS ;-)

My question is: is difficult to develop support for tabs? like in total commander...

I'll press CTRL+T so I can switch between two connections or between two locations in box... or etc...

Thanks for your answer, also for tabs in WinSCP or Total Commander plugin..... ;-)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: plugin to total commander or TABS ;-)

Martin Dzubak wrote:

My question is: is difficult to develop support for tabs? like in total commander...

I`ll press CTRL+T so I can switch between two connections or between two locations in box... or etc...
You can toggle between opened sessions using Ctrl+Tab. I may consider adding tabs also.

martin wrote:

Well, I do not like Total Commander. I has ugly and non-intuitive user interface. Whenever I have to use it, I'm not able to find function I need. I know that it is just personal that many people are satisfied with it. But I'm not.
3 Topics with more than 2600 views since 2004.
I think, that's an argument. That shows imho, that there exists a large interest after a Plugin.

You can make yourself an individual menu and icons or you load appropriate from the Web. Then it looks modern and than you are able to find all functions you need.
So that the appearance is not necessarily a counterargument.

But it is your decision, but it would be nice, if you would consider it again.

Jaeys

Advertisement

solus

Was looking for winscp-plugin for Total Commander and came to that page... I wouldn't say that user interface of tcmd is uglier than far's, and I'm 100% sure, that it (I mean tcmd's ui) is much more practic and convenient. Anyway, it's just my opinion, but again, I'm sure, that number of tcmd-users is much greater than that of far. It would be really cool to have this plugin for tcmd.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

solus wrote:

Was looking for winscp-plugin for Total Commander and came to that page... I wouldn't say that user interface of tcmd is uglier than far's, and I'm 100% sure, that it (I mean tcmd's ui) is much more practic and convenient. Anyway, it's just my opinion, but again, I'm sure, that number of tcmd-users is much greater than that of far. It would be really cool to have this plugin for tcmd.
I've never said that FAR had better UI then TC. I just personally prefer FAR. I have developed the FAR plugin for myself and just made it available to public.

Re: We want WinSCP plugin for Total Commander!

We want WinSCP plugin for Total Commander!
bread and circuses!

Advertisement

mitnlag

About Console Mode

When starting winscp from .bat file it creates new window, takes focus and other... Can WinSCP start without creating console window and use current?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: About Console Mode

mitnlag wrote:

When starting winscp from .bat file it creates new window, takes focus and other... Can WinSCP start without creating console window and use current?
Winscp3.exe being GUI application cannot inherit the console of parent process. You need to use winscp3.com instead.

Bjrn Wennerstrm

Here's another Total Commander addict that's missing the SCP feature.

It's pretty clear from this thread that prikryl won't be doing this, but since WinSCP is open-source, anyone of us could do it! Time to start pitching in donations to someone? It's up for grabs guys :-)

Tofu

SCP plugin for TotalCommander

Do we have any free and opensource windows compiler/environment so we can build this plugin under this environment? If FAR plugin exists and WinSCP is opensource it shoudn't be so hard to create this SCP plugin for TotalCommander... Somebody has to start, enough is enough... :shock:

Advertisement

martin wrote:

Hi, Firstly I must say that WinSCP is a great peace of software... and as many others have stated I myself would also see a Total Commander plug-in. With regards to the above mentioned statement, I must just give my 10 cents worth on the subject. I've been really studying WinSCP and it's configs... and I must say for someone that doesn't really like the Total CMD interface have made the WinSCP's one look a lot the same as the Total CMD's one....

But on another matter, is it possible to get hold of the code for the plugin for salamander? I would like to see not just how it looks but also how it was written. I've been out of coding for a long time but would like to see if maybe and this is a BIG maybe I would be able to through a pulugin togeter for TotalCMD...

But again thx

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Hi, Firstly I must say that WinSCP is a great peace of software... and as many others have stated I myself would also see a Total Commander plug-in. With regards to the above mentioned statement, I must just give my 10 cents worth on the subject. I've been really studying WinSCP and it's configs... and I must say for someone that doesn't really like the Total CMD interface have made the WinSCP's one look a lot the same as the Total CMD's one....
I have not meant the concept of GUI. It is the same. I've meant how it looks. But if you do not see the difference youself, I guess I cannot explain it.

But on another matter, is it possible to get hold of the code for the plugin for salamander? I would like to see not just how it looks but also how it was written. I've been out of coding for a long time but would like to see if maybe and this is a BIG maybe I would be able to through a pulugin togeter for TotalCMD...
Let's discuss this over email.

And here is another guy who really would like to have WinSCP as a TC-plugin.

Maybe the looks aren't the strenght of TC, functionaliy and WOW are. Personally I evaluated also Altap Salamander who's looks are better but WOW (IMHO) not.

Any news about the chances for a TC-plugin ?

Thanks (for the great WinSCP)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Maybe the looks aren't the strenght of TC, functionaliy and WOW are. Personally I evaluated also Altap Salamander who's looks are better but WOW (IMHO) not.
What doy ou miss in Altap Salamander?

Any news about the chances for a TC-plugin ?
Not yet ;-)

Advertisement

Guest Jan

What do I miss in AS (now in version 2.51)?

martin wrote:

What doy ou miss in Altap Salamander?

The top show stoppers for me (a licensed owner of both TC and AS)

# 1
Unicode support (even if there are only a few Cyrillic-based file names in my documents from my work in the Balkans, it is a problem)

# 2
Synchronize function for folders

# 3:
7-zip (new version) plugin support, especially for encrypted archives (AES)

Other:
- background operations for archives
- 64-bit version
- full Vista (UAC) support

Jan

Re: What do I miss in AS (now in version 2.51)?

Guest Jan wrote:

martin wrote:

...Altap Salamander?
...or Total Commander?

A really useful feature from Total Commander as far as I'm concerned is the ability to filter selected files using a pattern-matching string (like regex).

TC_lava

Total Commander

I love the built-in viewer (F3) of Total Commander.

It's fast, and you can search in it - both backward AND forward, which is handy when you're reading logfiles.

I've used winscp for a few days - what I mist most is the familiarity with the TC GUI, F3 (view) and the backwards search in view/edit.

I'm also begging for a T.C. plugin!

Advertisement

eyedmax

martin wrote:

This issue has been added to tracker.
Shit. Now it became a bug!!!

For now I'm waiting for you to change your mind about TC plugin for four years, and seems like counting....
BTW For now I use SCP for three years - and thank for your work!!!
:D

arky

eyedmax, prikryl, like he wrote, add it as a issue - shame that with so low priority :( I'm also waiting years for this plygin to TC, WinSCP is a very good tool, but I hate using thousands of separate tools for each task...
IMHO when plugin became available finally number of WinSCP users will drop dramatically, maybe that's a reason for such delay?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

arky wrote:

IMHO when plugin became available finally number of WinSCP users will drop dramatically, maybe that's a reason for such delay?
Why should I care if people use WinSCP or WinSCP plugin for TC? In fact number of WinSCP users would probably increase dramatically with WinSCP plugin for TC.

Advertisement

DarkKnight

You would save my day

Greeting! I'm one of those guys out there who found you side because I need a TC SCP PlugIn. Would be great if you find the time for at least a first version ... Thanks a lot! DK

Robertus

Vote for TC-plugin

I really really want that plugin too.
you should set up a paypal-donate button and tell us ho much money its takes to MAKE you do it
;)

theHansson

Another vote

Just adding another vote for TC plugin.
If there was a donate button dedicated to this effort, I'd click it. Maybe even twice :wink:

Advertisement

JA

Paypal donation for WINSCP plugin for Total commander

I think it is a great idea, I will donate as well!!!
Martin - please do it.

Advertisement

Dredger97

Plugin for TotalCommander is released.

Hello, I've developped a TotalCommander plugin that act as a frontend for WinSCP.

You can find it here

Don't hesistate to post for comment or bug report...

janmanzer411

Re: Another vote

theHansson wrote:

Just adding another vote for TC plugin.
If there was a donate button dedicated to this effort, I'd click it. Maybe even twice :wink:

Oh, there's your motivation.
+1 vote for the plugin.

Old Command Line User

Please turn on your brain.

Hi,

Plug in for Salamander is NOT free.
TC and Salamander are competitor.
WinSCP have some affinity ( just my opinion) with Altap.
So it's not a priority to define a plug-in for TC.

Just a commercial agreement or not ?!

DredSFTP is working fine and without OpenCandy.
DredSFTP is also free.

Don't waste your time.

Does this much talked-about PlugIn REALLY exist?

regards

Will

PS : I used TC and Salamander. I still use TC.
One is more expensive regardless of existing Plug-Ins.
I use command line for almost all my work, and TC with some useful Plug In for some tasks (with a Licence of course).

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum