FAR Plugin 1.50 causes FAR to freeze after exiting editor

Advertisement

petr.pavel
Donor
petr.pavel avatar

FAR Plugin 1.50 causes FAR to freeze after exiting editor

Hi, I don't like to be the carrier of bad news but almost each time when I'm connected to a remote file with your plugin and I open a local or remote file for editing my FAR Manager freezes when I exit the editor.

Steps to reproduce:
* start FAR
* alt+f2, select WinSCP
* connect (I use ssh keys and Pageant)
* tab (to switch to left pane)
* f4 to edit a file
* f10 to exit

It doesn't happen always but most of the times. Five tries is usually enough to invoke it.
I think that it happens more often when I make a change in the editor and save it before exiting.

By "freezing" I mean that FAR Manager stops responding and I see what I saw directly before hitting F10. CPU usage rockets up to full.

FAR Manager 1.70 beta 5 build 1634
For testing purposes I moved all my FAR plugins (except for WinSCP) out of Plugins directory to be sure that it's not a collision with another plugin.

I've tried upgrading to FAR 1.70 beta 6 some time ago but I experienced some issues so I downgraded again.

If you are going to issue a fix you may read my other post about default SSH Compression. :-)

Thanks for your hard work
Petr 'PePa' Pavel

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: FAR Plugin 1.50 causes FAR to freeze after exiting editor

I'm aware of the problem. I believe that it should go away with 1.70 final. Can you try that?

petr.pavel
Donor
petr.pavel avatar

Re: FAR Plugin 1.50 causes FAR to freeze after exiting edito

Great. Upgrading to FAR 1.70 final solved the problem.
The final version works well so far.

Thanks for your hint.
Petr 'PePa' Pavel

jite

Also has faced this problem. :cry:
(far 1.7.0 beta 5 build 1634, plugin WinSCP 1.5.1 based on WinSCP 3.8.2)

The final version is available, but for some reasons I do not wish while to pass to it (compatibility of old plug-ins...).

Your answer means, what on beta this bug will be and further? One decision - only transition on final FAR? Or there is an opportunity, what in the future versions of a plug-in the bug will be corrected and for beta?

In any case, thanks for a plug-in!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

jite wrote:

Your answer means, what on beta this bug will be and further? One decision - only transition on final FAR? Or there is an opportunity, what in the future versions of a plug-in the bug will be corrected and for beta?
It is a bug of FAR, not of the WinSCP plugin.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum