Multithreaded file copy

Advertisement

Puneet

Multithreaded file copy

I'm not sure if WinSCP supports multithreaded file copy. I mean the way prozilla does for fast copy.
If not, please consider if we can have that feature too.

gupta_puneet@emc.com

Advertisement

somok

Multithreaded file upload

This is something urgently needed. We need it because there are some huge uploads which are needed with generally slower upload speed (512KBPS) ISPs.

Tony

Faster file transfers

Ditto. I am frequently needing to transfer data files upwards of 2 GB from Europe to North America, which is painfully slow without multi-threaded file transfer.

Klaus_1250

Yup. Would really be a nice feature, though I'm personally more interested in concurrent/parallel down/uploads of different files. I usually need to up-/download large batches of small files and only a small portion of bandwidth is currently used (for large files, I'm able to attain maximum transfer speeds).

Advertisement

Klaus_1250

How do I do that in batch/console mode? I've automated it in Perl, which calls WinSCP with a dynamic batch file. I fiddled with the background transfer settings (enable by default and upped the number of connections) but never got it to work (apparently) in batch/console mode.

Klaus_1250

I would much rather see that build-in in WinSCP. Running multiple instances of WinSCP in console/batch mode is less efficient than one instance of WinSCP using parallel connections or more than one SSH connection. I think it would be a much appreciated feature for WinSCP.

Advertisement

Re: Multithreaded file copy

martin wrote:

Do you mean to transfer parts of one file using parallel connections?
Hi, do you have any plans for implementing this?

Sorry if I missed that somewhere.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum