Transfer Completion Notification Option

Advertisement

jMal

Transfer Completion Notification Option

Wonderful tool. You are doing an amazing job. One thing we use it for is to transfer large DVD ISO's...so it takes a while to complete. A simple transfer completion notification feature would be helpful. Simple SMTP functionality would be more than sufficient so that a notification can be sent to either a mailbox or a pager.

Thanks very much.

Advertisement

jMal

Followup

I just saw that there was a similar request in the past and you commented that you didn't see it as a high priority. In our environment, timely knowledge of events is huge. When you include automated task initiation and completion into the mix, it makes it very difficult to monitor. Knowing not only when there is a failure but also success is very important and I feel a huge feature. Moreover, I see the feature relatively easy to add. I would envision nothing more complicated than the option to specify the SMTP server, port, and recipients in the configuration section...and maybe a "Send notification by default" type option. On the initiate copy form, a checkbox for success and a checkbox for failture notification would be ample.

Just my thoughts. In either case, your product is awesome and it is your choice. I appreciate the consideration if nothing else.

Thanks.

Aereli

Email Notification Option

Hey I was wondering if the Option to send a simple SMTP was ever added.
Is there another option around that where an email can be sent showing some sore of confirmation or notification that the file was sent?

thx.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum