new synchronize option

Advertisement

schildi

new synchronize option

hello!

do you think, you could add an additional synchronize option (under: keeping remote directory up to date -> Synchronize Options) with the following functionality:

- posibility to set an interval (in seconds), within the specified folders are updated

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: new synchronize option

You can change this from registry:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Configuration\Interface]
"KeepUpToDateChangeDelay"=dword:000001f4

schildi

thanks

thanks for your answer!

so what do i have to enter, if i want WinScp to update a remote directory every second, no matter if any data has changed on client side?..

the code you pasted seems to show the standard value.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: thanks

schildi wrote:

so what do i have to enter, if i want WinScp to update a remote directory every second, no matter if any data has changed on client side?..
Sorry, I've missed the point. You cannot do that with the setting above. To achieve your goal you can setup synchronization script and run it in loops.

schildi

ok

ah ok. well, i need this because of a problem, which now appears to be a problem of winscp.

i want winscp to synchronize automatically, when data has changed on client-side. my files are on a network-drive. when i change a file, winscp recognizes this change not until some minutes later. is this a bug?..

thanks.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: ok

schildi wrote:

winscp recognizes this change not until some minutes later. is this a bug?..
WinSCP recognises the change as soon as Windows reports the change. Windows in turn may recognise the change only after the network reports it.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum