100% cpu usage when editing - v3.8 beta

Advertisement

mastabog
Donor

100% cpu usage when editing - v3.8 beta

Hello,

There appears to be a bug/conflict (at least on my machine) with WinSCP that occurs when editing remote files using the internal editor. As soon as the internal editor opens the cpu usage goes berserk and as soon as I close the internal editor window the cpu usage drops to zero.

WinXP Pro SP2, latest updates
P4 HT 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM

It happens with both SCP and SFTP and with both v3.7 and v3.8 beta. It could very well be some sort of conflict with another active program but I tried disabling as many programs as I could ... still happens. I reverted to using an external editor.

I did a search here but didn't find anything relevant (or maybe I missed it). Anyone else?

Advertisement

alanshea

CPU Usage spikes to 100% all the time

I have CPU spiking to 100% for a minute or so, then drops to 2-3% for ~10s, then back to 100% again. This behavior has continued since 3.7.6. I'm not sure why, I've done all I can to figure it out.

WinXP SP2, all updates
WinSCP 3.8.1
activity: any, none -- viewing remote file list (Commander-style)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: CPU Usage spikes to 100% all the time

alanshea wrote:

I have CPU spiking to 100% for a minute or so, then drops to 2-3% for ~10s, then back to 100% again. This behavior has continued since 3.7.6. I'm not sure why, I've done all I can to figure it out.
Can you export your configuration and send it to me?

Advertisement

polednak

100 % zatez procesoru

POkud aplikaci spustim, mam 99% zatez procesoru a po ukonceni aplikace zustava tento proces neustale viset ve Windows. :cry:

(:P)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: 100 % zatez procesoru

polednak wrote:

POkud aplikaci spustim, mam 99% zatez procesoru a po ukonceni aplikace zustava tento proces neustale viset ve Windows. :cry:
Ktera verze WinSCP? 99% zatez je uz pri otevreni prihlasovaciho okna? Nebo az po prihlaseni?

same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.1 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using win2k with sp4

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.1 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using win2k with sp4
Can you I have contact to you, so I can send you a debug version?

Advertisement

Frank

Hi,

you can contact me via frank.keul[a-t]dt-shop.com

martin wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

same problem here.
i'm using win2k with sp4
Can you I have contact to you, so I can send you a debug version?

mxue

the task is not ending after exiting winscp 3.8.2

same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.2 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using WinXP Prof/sp2.
my email: michaelxxue@gmail.com

maher

Re: the task is not ending after exiting winscp 3.8.2

mxue wrote:

same problem here.
after exiting winscp 3.8.2 the task is not ending and running all the time with 100% cpu until i kill the task.
i'm using WinXP Prof/sp2.
my email: michaelxxue@gmail.com

Is there a WinSCP version that doesn't have a problem with large txt file upload?

Thx a lot!

P.S. I'm using WinXP SP2.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: the task is not ending after exiting winscp 3.8.2

maher wrote:

Is there a WinSCP version that doesn't have a problem with large txt file upload?
What kind of problems? Have you read documentation?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum