Error when downloading/accessing dirs with brackets

Advertisement

Teishi / IRCNet #coven

Error when downloading/accessing dirs with brackets

I've got a problem with brackets (and other chars as well, but can't recall them right now). It is possible to upload directories with brackets (i.e. "[", "]") in them, but I can't download such directories. When I try I get the following message:

"Cannot execute SCP to start transfer. Please make sure that SCP is installed on the server and path to it is included in PATH. You may also try SFTP instead of SCP."

Also, when I try accessing the directory, I get the following error message:

"Command 'cd "Directory [with brackets]"'
failed with return code -1 and error message
invalid characters in scp command!
here:[with brackets]"
try using a wildcard to match this file/directory."

Cheers!
/T

Advertisement

Sorry, noticed I didn't mention which release I'm using - my bad :] I'm using WinSCP 3.8.2 Build 330 standalone. Not sure if that answers the question though?

/T

Advertisement

Ah, yes. I'm a bit slow... not really used to this program and I'm not the admin of the server. But apparently, yes, using SCPonly shell... also, apparently it works if I don't use the SCP protocol but use the SFTP protocol instead.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Ah, yes. I'm a bit slow... not really used to this program and I'm not the admin of the server. But apparently, yes, using SCPonly shell... also, apparently it works if I don't use the SCP protocol but use the SFTP protocol instead.
The problems that you describe are typical for SCPonly shell, due to its limitations.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum