File permissions / umask

Advertisement

File permissions / umask

I've tried to set up the remote side to use umask 002 (which would make all new files have 664-permissions) but I have no success. If I look in the Terminal window of WinSCP I have the correct umask but when I upload a file it gets 644-permissions.

It seems that WinSCP doesn't care about if I have "Set permissions" checked or not - if have changed the permissions (to 604 for example) and uncheck "Set permissions" an uploaded file will get 604-permissions anyway.

I have tried with version 2.3.0.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Andersson

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: File permissions / umask

Anonymous wrote:

It seems that WinSCP doesn't care about if I have "Set permissions" checked or not - if have changed the permissions (to 604 for example) and uncheck "Set permissions" an uploaded file will get 604-permissions anyway.
It cares. Please post a log file.

For me 'umask' works if I set it in '.bashrc'.

martin wrote:

It cares. Please post a log file.
Sorry for beeing stubborn but I made the test again from another computer (see the log file). In the first case, I have Set Permissions unchecked (but you can see the permissions "below" set at 644). In the second case, I have Set Permissions checked (and permissions set to 644). In both cases, umask is 002.

You will find the log file at <invalid link removed>. It was to long to post here, in my opinion.

martin wrote:

For me 'umask' works if I set it in '.bashrc'.
For me too, as well as in .bash_profile (according to the termial window) but to no avail.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for beeing stubborn but I made the test again from another computer (see the log file). In the first case, I have Set Permissions unchecked (but you can see the permissions "below" set at 644). In the second case, I have Set Permissions checked (and permissions set to 644). In both cases, umask is 002.
Well, the test with 644 permissions (default one) is not relevant. It is natural that whether you check "set permissions" or not, file rights would be always 644. Please try again with another permissions.

Anonymous wrote:

For me too, as well as in .bash_profile (according to the termial window) but to no avail.
I've meant that if I set umask in '.bashrc' and use bash shell, umask works even with WinSCP.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum