automatic - keep directory up to date

Advertisement

simplex

automatic - keep directory up to date

hi,

first of all - winscp is a great piece of software. thank you very much for this!!

is there a way to make a profile start with windows which activates the "keep directory up to date"-function?

or do i have to start winscp and activate the feature bay hand everytime i need?

would be a useful (additional) feature.

hope you agree and can implement it in the next version if it isn't already part of winscp and i can't see it.

looking forward to your reply,

greetings,
simplex

Advertisement

simplex

hi,

thanks for reply.

this does what i want, but i have two questions:

1. typing the commandline with -help displays the options. in the line the -keepuptodate option is described at the end there is /defaults displayed. for what does this stand for? i tried to write my own transfersetting (i called it excludetemps) instead of defaults but doesn't work.

2. how can i fully automate this start? the commandline works but involes me to start the feature.

thank you 1000 times,

simplex

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

simplex wrote:

2. how can i fully automate this start? the commandline works but involes me to start the feature.
For full automation use scripting. If you want to use GUI, use /defaults parameter. If you want to have your own configuration, you need to make it default. You cannot select transfer settings preset from command line.

hi again,

thank you for your reply!

i found something useful in the forum for automating a script, but i can't in the documentation and faq. is there something missing?

https://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3513

with this post i made a huge step forward but i recognized a problem:

copying new files from local to remote works perfect. but deletion of local files in not reflected to remote side.

the directory on remote has permissions 777.

is there an specific option to activate deletion of files in remote? i thought the "keepuptodate" includes this functionality.
unfortunately i couldn't find anything in the faq's or the docs. please can you point me to a suitable article?

greetings
simplex

p.s.: i love your software!! :D

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

i found something useful in the forum for automating a script, but i can't in the documentation and faq. is there something missing?
For help on scripting commands use command "help".

is there an specific option to activate deletion of files in remote? i thought the "keepuptodate" includes this functionality.
unfortunately i couldn't find anything in the faq's or the docs. please can you point me to a suitable article?
Try "option synchdelete on".

simplex

thank you for your great support and your cool program!

your hint does exactly the right thing i need!

greetings
simplex

ppzorro

keep 2 LOCAL directory up to date

Hi,
I find the keep up to date facility unique ! Is there any way with winscp, or any other program, to apply this feature to 2 LOCAL directories ?
Thankx

Sri

script to download new files fr remote site to local site

I have a requirement to download new files from remote site to local site. Also, I am looking for a automation script to do this job on daily basis. Could you please help.

Thanks
Sri

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: script to download new files fr remote site to local site

Sri wrote:

I have a requirement to download new files from remote site to local site. Also, I am looking for a automation script to do this job on daily basis. Could you please help.
Please read FAQ.

genernic

gui applications which do automation

Hi!
I'm a regular user of WinSCP, which is a really cool application! I have found no one that compares to it's functionality on windows or Linux!

I use the keep folder up to date and synchronize functions a lot for my own use and the scripts too!
I understand this is a free application and additions take time and cost money, but I would really like to see a tray icon WinSCP addon which could manage sync and backup in a GUI fashion. It's very nice for us power users to have scripting on our own computer, but it's hard to learn other less power users how to set up and manage an automatic backup with scripting tools.

Do you know of any other software with this functionality?

Keep up the good work!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: gui applications which do automation

genernic wrote:

Do you know of any other software with this functionality?
Can you describe in more details, what the "functionality" should do?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum