Windows and Truecrypt

Advertisement

Windows and Truecrypt

Hello,
I'd like to use Truecrypt (.org) as well as WinSCP on a WinXP machine. My private key for the login to a server is located within a mounted drive, the "container" with the encrypted files is located in my personal files folder. Now, after I put the key into the container and added it via pageant to the computer memory, I get an error message every time I login to a server using my private key. It's in German, roughly translating to

"File 'C:/mypersonalfolder/myprivatekey.ppk' doesn't exist or doesn't contain a private key in a known format.
abort | ignore | help"

I can ignore the message and just continue, but the popup is a nag... is there a way to get around it? (I'll add my correspondent posting in the truecrypt.org forum later)
best regards,

Grendel

Advertisement

Re: Windows and Truecrypt

argh. If anyone wonders about the title, it should read "WinSCP and TrueCrypt"... sorry... :oops:

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Windows and Truecrypt

Hello,
I'd like to use Truecrypt (.org) as well as WinSCP on a WinXP machine. My private key for the login to a server is located within a mounted drive, the "container" with the encrypted files is located in my personal files folder. Now, after I put the key into the container and added it via pageant to the computer memory, I get an error message every time I login to a server using my private key. It's in German, roughly translating to

"File 'C:/mypersonalfolder/myprivatekey.ppk' doesn't exist or doesn't contain a private key in a known format.
abort | ignore | help"

I can ignore the message and just continue, but the popup is a nag... is there a way to get around it? (I'll add my correspondent posting in the truecrypt.org forum later)
And are you sure you spelled the private key file name correctly? The reason it connects is that you have loaded the key also to pagent. Then the key specified in the login dialog is ignored as long as any pagent key works.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum