Standard Port 23 No SSH

Advertisement

andrejonker

Standard Port 23 No SSH

What would be cool would be non-SSH access for those who's company doesn't use SSH on internal servers.

Standard port 23 access without SSH doesn't need all the features - but I think it should at least be available.

Advertisement

workinclassjoe

Re: Standard Port 23 No SSH

martin wrote:

Do you mean FTP? Why? There are plenty of freeware FTP clients.

Yeah, but many of those freeware tools don't have nearly as much functionality as WinSCP. I've run into a similar scenario where one of our clients stores his data on his own SFTP site from which we download some data, but then we have OUR own site, which is a standard FTP site on a Windows server, onto which our other clients UPLOAD their data. With the alternative security offered on the Windows server, our system administrators don't use the SSH protocol at all. Thus, I can't use WinSCP. Kills consistency between my shell scripts.

mohamed_am83

Hello,
Actually I [as a user] thought about the same thing, extending WinSCP to support classic FTP ... I've already downloaded the source code but I didn't find any piece of documentation for developers. (and the code is not commented). I'd be thankful if some person involved in the development of WinSCP give me any pointers to developer guide or at least from which file I should start understanding/modifying.
Thanks,
Mohamed

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

mohamed_am83 wrote:

Actually I [as a user] thought about the same thing, extending WinSCP to support classic FTP ... I've already downloaded the source code but I didn't find any piece of documentation for developers. (and the code is not commented). I'd be thankful if some person involved in the development of WinSCP give me any pointers to developer guide or at least from which file I should start understanding/modifying.
I'm already working of FTP implementation. So please, do not try to do that yourself :-)

Advertisement

mohamed_am83

martin wrote:

I'm already working of FTP implementation. So please, do not try to do that yourself :-)
You are the man! :) so this extension will be included in the next version? any guess on when that will be available?

Thanks alot,
Mohamed

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

mohamed_am83 wrote:

You are the man! :) so this extension will be included in the next version? any guess on when that will be available?
Yes. No :-)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum