error code: 4

Advertisement

hilisopo

error code: 4

Im pretty newbie and I usually dont find the things im searching for, but first my problem:

some files stop downloading always at the same point from a Debian and this error happens...

Copying files from remote side failed.

General failure (server should provide error description).
Error code: 4
Error message from server: Failure
Request code: 5

Im sorry but I dont even know what to do about "server should provide error description" HOW?
Another thing I want to say that there should be a list of error codes trying to explain what the **** are they talking about (or a search option in the web if exists allready) or even better a forum or a topic with each error code.

Thanks for reading it all... i now Im too newbie thats why I will thank you a lot more than anybody else :P

Advertisement

Suphix

I too am having this same problem. I have read the FAQ and it doesnt particularly help...

When trying to download a large file from my Gentoo server to my win xp server it fails at around the same place each time...80 or so percent, but its always failing at 195 MB exactly.

Switching from sftp protocol to SCP lets me download the file 100%, but then it gives an "input/output" error at the end of it and windows tells me the archive is corrupt. I have had this error for many weeks now and i just dont get it. Small files transfer just fine, but its the larger ones i have trouble with

(none of these files are over 800mb)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum