Support for Windows 2003 x64

Advertisement

Support for Windows 2003 x64

When I start WinSCP on Windows 2003 x64 an error message appears "Ungültiger Zugriff auf den Speicher". Seems that there is a problem with the memory management. Is there a know bug?

Advertisement

swrona

3.8.2 on XP x64

Ive just setup my new x64 XP system, and of course, I had to install WinSCP. Any chance that there will be a x64 native version in the works?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: 3.8.2 on XP x64

swrona wrote:

Ive just setup my new x64 XP system, and of course, I had to install WinSCP. Any chance that there will be a x64 native version in the works?
What's the advantage? :-)

martin wrote:

What's the advantage? (to an x64 version of WinSCP):-)
The ability to drag and drop to the desktop aparently. This hasn't been working since I have installed on my x64 system. Maybe coincidence, probably not.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

The ability to drag and drop to the desktop aparently. This hasn't been working since I have installed on my x64 system. Maybe coincidence, probably not.
Do you have drag&drop shell extension installed or not?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sprudeldudel wrote:

I have a similar Problem. x64 running and cannot connect to the apache webserver at my university.
I do not see any similarity. Also you cannot connect to webserver with WinSCP. You may be able to connect to an SSH server running on the same machine as a webserver. What the error message?

bcrooker

martin wrote:

Do you have drag&drop shell extension installed or not?

I am also running Windows XP x64 and the drag and drop does not seem to work. I have tried disabling it and re-enabling it from the preferences and then rebooting without help.

Advertisement

HielkeHoeve

Drag and drop doesn't always work plus winscp sometimes crashes for no aparent reason. Is there a debug version so I can let VS 2008 show me what's going wrong?

The advantage is that you don't have to run it in an emulated environment, which makes me shiffer a little. It'll go a bit faster, which is always nice. Most processors (Intel core 2 duo, AMD Athlon etc) are already 64 bits, most people just don't know it...

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

HielkeHoeve wrote:

Drag and drop doesn't always work
When it does not work?
plus winscp sometimes crashes for no aparent reason.
In some specific situation? Or randomly?
Is there a debug version so I can let VS 2008 show me what's going wrong?
WinSCP is not compiled in VS.

martin wrote:

HielkeHoeve wrote:

Drag and drop doesn't always work
When it does not work?
plus winscp sometimes crashes for no aparent reason.
In some specific situation? Or randomly?
Is there a debug version so I can let VS 2008 show me what's going wrong?
WinSCP is not compiled in VS.

Drag and drop only works if you are using the 32 bit explorer (by default windows uses the 64 bit explorer)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Drag and drop only works if you are using the 32 bit explorer (by default windows uses the 64 bit explorer)
What does not work exactly? What drag&drop mode in WinSCP have you selected? What version of WinSCP are you using?

Advertisement

HielkeHoeve

Btw, any idea if C++ Builder 2007 can also compile WinSCP?

edit:
CodeGear C++ Builder 2007 can convert it to the newer version, but compiling it is a different thing. Its whining about the libs of version 6 :roll:

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

HielkeHoeve wrote:

Btw, any idea if C++ Builder 2007 can also compile WinSCP?
I haven't tried that, but I doubt.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum