Japanese (display) woes

Advertisement

Paul

Japanese (display) woes

On Win ME Japanese it seems sometimes WInSCP2.0 does display Japanese text but on Windows 2000 Japanese I can't get it to display Japanese (ShiftJIS is the standard for Windows, though Unicode is usable too).

Its very problematic when clients give us stuff to upload when the filename and folders are all in Japanese.

Often I have to navigate through blank named folders and blank named files which is quite tricky.

But I must say I am impressed that even though the Japanese shows up as blanks, the files and folders names and contents are not corrupted by WinSCP which is very impressive. They are also transferred and appear correctly on the destination OS.

If you agree and have time, that's great, if not, I'm not complaining WinSCP 2.0 beta is definately a good stable program. Thanks! :lol:

WinSCP 1.0 does do Japanese quite well, but it lacks a lot of other features.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Japanese (display) woes

Can you write me, which screens do not display Japanese text? And also which do? Please send me screenshots, if you can (via e-mail).

Re: Japanese (display) woes

I am on WinXP JPN and found another problem about Japanese folder handling.
(I embed some screen shots URL below)

At the Copy Progress Dialog, I've got the Error Confirm Message Box.
On the file actualy I try to copy, was not contain multi-byte chars, but the folder does!
I hope this post help solve this problem.

For my case, I put all WinSCP2 concerned files into the folder they doesn't contain mb-chars.

Thanks in advance!

Shashikala

File tranfer Japanses characters

Hii,

could you please help me on one of the similar case wer in i need to transfer the file with the filname having japanese characters to the server.

Here when the file is trnafered all the japanese charcters in the filename goes as junk or "???" marks.

Any help on this is higly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Shashikala

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum