Option Batch Question

Advertisement

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Option Batch Question

You change the option value anytime. But you cannot have both options effective at the same time (it would make no sense anyway).

brees

Thxs for the info. Maybe I'm misunderstanding of exactly what each option is doing but I think there should be a way to specify the following options if you are using a script file with the script switch:

1) This is a batch process (true or false)
AND
2) If I encounter an error during the batch process (ignore and continue OR abort)

seems like a logical request.

beacuse if you have automated the entire process and an error does occur while the winscp is running the script file, then the winscp does not exit like it should and the process continues to run in the background until you notice that you have 50 instances of winscp running in the task manager.

-obviously, having multiple instances of winscp running is a bad thing in a production environment.

if this is not possible to specify both batch and error options and my only choices are:
A) run as a batch
B) don't run as a batch
C) continue on error
d) abort on error

then maybe the program should be changed in a future version that give you the option
to:
option batch (on||off)
option onerror (continue||abort)

seems to make more since to me than the current methodology but then again maybe I'm not fully understanding the options even though I've read the documentation and FAQ.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Option "continue" means the same as "batch", just with different reaction to error. "Batch" aborts on error, while "continue" ignores errors. So I think that WinSCP gives you all the options.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum