User specific commands

Advertisement

jtsop

User specific commands

I would find it very useful if there was a way to specify which commands are used by winscp to do miscellaneous thing. What I have in mind is that there are minimal shells out there that do not even have ls support, so if I could use that command (echo *) instead of ls everything would work fine. Now it isn't!

Advertisement

jtsop

Re: User specific commands

jtsop wrote:

I would find it very useful if there was a way to specify which commands are used by winscp to do miscellaneous thing. What I have in mind is that there are minimal shells out there that do not even have ls support, so if I could use that command (echo *) instead of ls everything would work fine. Now it isn't!

i found that file: ScpFileSystem.cpp lists all the command to be executed in the remote directory and more specific that the following clauses specify ls commands:

/*ListDirectory*/ { -1, -1, F, F, F, "ls -la %s \"%s\"" /* directory */ },
/*ListCurrentDirectory*/{ -1, -1, F, F, F, "ls -la %s" },
/*ListFile*/ { 1, 1, F, F, F, "ls -lad %s \"%s\"" /* file/directory */ },

if those are not constants but variables and can be modified by the user I believe it would work, maybe a formating routine for the output should be implemented. I am looking forward to your response.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: User specific commands

Definitely that piece of code was originally added to possibly allow the commands to be configurable. But that was years ago. Nowadays, SCP is quite obsolete protocol and I have no plans to invest much time into improving it. Sorry :-( What about SFTP?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum