Incorrect icons for \ under Vista

Advertisement

TS

Incorrect icons for \ under Vista

This is a minor issue, but maybe that means it's easy to fix. When I run WinSCP on Vista and browse on the remote Windows machine to the root (ctrl+\), the icons for C:, D:, E:, etc. reflect the icons of my local computer. This causes the remote E: drive to look like a CD-ROM drive when it is in fact a RAID array, and the remote F: drive to look like a network-mapped drive even though it's really a local hard drive.

(I think this may have happened in 3.8.2, too. I can check for sure if you need.)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Incorrect icons for \ under Vista

Can you post a screenshot? The best would be if remote directory tree view is shown too. Thanks.

TS

A compiled screenshot of what the icons look like in both 3.8.2 and 4.0.0 relative to each machine's local view.

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks

Anyway, I would like to thank you for your time spent answering the questions on this forum :-) I really appreciate it. Maybe if you can create an account here, I may grant you moderator status or something...

Advertisement

TS

Re: Thanks

martin wrote:

I really appreciate it.

And I really appreciate WinSCP :) I don't have time to regularly moderate the forum, but I try to help once in a while. Consider it a way of thanking you for your work.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Thanks

TS wrote:

And I really appreciate WinSCP :) I don't have time to regularly moderate the forum, but I try to help once in a while. Consider it a way of thanking you for your work.
I haven't meant to ask you to moderate the forums. I just wanted to give you/your posts more highlight. Please consider registering.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum