Estamated time for completion

Advertisement

Estamated time for completion

When transferring a file, I can see the current speed and percent completed.
Additionaly WinSCP shows the duration of the current transfer, which I'm not interested in (the duration of the current session is more interesting, and is shown in the bottom-right corner).
It would be great if there was an "Estimated time for completion", either for the current file, or even better, for all queued files, based on average transfer speed the last 10 seconds.

Advertisement

I totally agree with this request and support it - I have come to these forums to open such a feature request myself as well.

Is there any chance for implementing such a feature? I would alpha/beta test gladly.

Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Estamated time for completion

martin wrote:

I guess you refer to background transfer display, do you?

Yes, we do!

"Time left" data from foreground panel is what is really missing from a background transfer display as well.
Either a separate dedicated column or so that a single click on Elapsed time field would toggle the cell value between time elapsed and time left.

Advertisement

Thank thou, Sire! :)

BTW, which way are you planning to take? Separate column or toggleable cell (defaulting on Time left info)?

Please let me know if you need testing.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

BTW, which way are you planning to take? Separate column or toggleable cell (defaulting on Time left info)?
I have not decided yet.

nowin

ahh this is exactly what I've been looking for, ever since I discovered the background queue feature :lol:

IMHO, I think a new column after the elapsed/speed column would be best. It could have the eta for each file and for the whole queue. my 2 cents

Advertisement

well, bad news, but hey, thanks for including the feature in any of the versions :)

So... any news about the release date of the next *major* version? ;)

Advertisement

Quoting from the 4.1.0 changelog:

"Estimated time is shown instead of elapsed time in queue list."

So dear prikryl: a big THANK YOU for implementing this for us! :)

Best regards,

Csani

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum