sych all files, reguardless of date

Advertisement

JoeFry

sych all files, reguardless of date

I want to download ALL files that are different than my local copy, even if they are older than the ones I have locally. This appears to work in the gui mode if I set Target directory=Local, mode=mirror files, Comparison Critera=both. However I can see no way to achieve this from a script.

I tried using sessions to achieve this, but it appears that the synchronize mode/comparison criteria is not saved as part of the session?

Please, this is very important to our workflow. The next option, which is a management nightmare, is to use cygwin and rsync.

Thanks for a GREAT piece of software, I use it all the time!

Advertisement

JoeFry

I'll donate $20...

After exploring using cygwin and rsync I think I'd much rather see a solution in WinSCP so...

I'll happily donate $20 USD if you can get a compiled standalone binary version with this ability to me in the next 12 hours, and agree to include this feature in all future versions released on the site.

I suspect that it would be trivial to implement, if you haven't already...

I'd be happy with just a simple:
option mirror [OFF,on] #BOLD = default
option compare [TIMESTAMP,size,both] #BOLD = default

These options would only apply when using synchronize local or synchronize remote.

I know $20 isn't a lot, but I imagine it's less than an hours worth of work for you to implement.

Reply with confirmation that you have the executable completed, and I will donate before you post it to the site.

Thanks again!

Joe

jfry

Touch

Just touching this thread with my newly registered account so I will get emails when it is replied to.

jfry

$20 still on the table

I realize that such a short deadline is unfair on a weekend... I will donate as long as I have a working solution sometime Tuesday.... I have a deadline to meet myself and I will have to deploy another solution if I can't get WinSCP to meet my needs.

Thanks again, Joe

Advertisement

Re: sych all files, reguardless of date

martin wrote:

Added to TODO list. Sorry, I'm not interested in the $20 deal.

I would need this too...

How long is your TODO list ? :D

How must shoul we pay for this improvement ?

Cedric.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Cedric wrote:

An idea of the next release date and what it would contains ?
There will be stable 4.0 release soon. Nothing new in though.

Advertisement

achereau

I also really need this feature.

I use a WinSCP (4.0.3) script to synchronize my Windows laptop to a Linux server using SFTP, and when a file is accidentally modified on the server it won't be overwritten by WinSCP anymore, even if I modify the file on Windows so that the laptop timestamp is newer. In fact, I then need to delete the file on the server in order to have it uploaded and synchronized again (is it the intended behavior by the way ?).

So I need an option that uploads a file if the timestamps are different, no matter which version, local or remote, is newer. I think that's the "mirror" mode, and it would really be nice to have it available in the command line.

Thanks for the great work !

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum