WinSCP crashes on "keep remote dir up to date"

Advertisement

Staszek

WinSCP crashes on "keep remote dir up to date"

Dobrý den,

I've discovered the following problem:
Because the keeping alive option doesn't work on my ftp connection, my server always closes the connection after 10 minutes of inactivity.

I use the option "keep remote directory up to date" and every time a file in the observed directory changes, WinSCP starts the upload.
But if the server has already closed the connection due to inactivity, WinSCP doesn't recognize it and crashes.

Could you please make sure WinSCP to check first whether the connection is still OK prior to starting to upload the changed file?

As I work with a text editor which saves the file when loosing the focus, I allways get WinSCP crashed when loosing the connection because when I switch to WinSCP to reconnect, the text editor saves the file, then WinSCP starts to upload it and crashes.

BTW: is there another way to keep a ftp connection alive?
This one used in WinSCP doesn't work on my server.

Dekuju pikne
Staszek

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP crashes on "keep remote dir up to date"

Staszek wrote:

BTW: is there another way to keep a ftp connection alive?
This one used in WinSCP doesn't work on my server.
No.

staszek

Hi Martin,

it would be very nice if you could fix this issue quite soon, because I think, I've just found the perfect team of editor plus ftp for maintenance of my online pages.
Notepad++ and WinSCP can make the work much more comfortable.

But now I have to keep in mind to switch from the Notepad every 5-7 minutes to another programm to let WinSCP upload the files and to keep the connection alive.
If I forget this for 10 minutes, then WinSCP is loosing the connection and bringing an alert window to reconnect.
When I switch the focus from Notepad to WinSCP Notepad saves the file and WinSCP starts to upload an crashes due to beeing disconnected.

It would be nice if WinSCP could check the connection status prior to starting to upload and give me the possibility to reconnect and to start the upload after that.

Staszek

Staszek

Hi Martin,

sorry to disturb you once more, but I'd like to say, that the problem istn't any more for me as I've found aut that my provider also provides SFTP. After switching the protocol to SFTP I started the connection at 12:48 PM. Now it is 14:15 PM, one and a half hour later, and the connection is still alive although I didn't send or receive any data.
Hooray!

Thanks so much for this wonderfull programm providing the wonderfull feature to keep the remote directory up to date.

Staszek

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum