UTF

Advertisement

Advertisement

Zdeso

Re: UTF

Yes it would be nice for every system in your app.
Especialy for eastern codings. It is not a hassle ?? Is it?

sopi20

well... I also think utf support in the internal editor would be great.... i love the internal editor and use it for coding php directly on server... but without utf-8 it is not much useful these days for me, when most of webs are coded in utf

Advertisement

At least scandinavian letters äöå do not work yet in the newest winscp. Using SFTP or SCP and copying directory named ä from window XP to linux (utf box).

for reference lets create ä directory in linux box
$ mkdir ä && ls --color=none -1|hexdump -C
00000000  c3 a4 0a                      |...|
then I create ä named directory in windows XP and use winscp (scp or sftp) to copy it to linux box and I get this
$ ls --color=none -1|hexdump -C
00000000  e4 0a                          |..|
^^ this is not what it should be. If I use FileZilla with SFTP transfer the directory is displayed as utf on the linux box.
$ ls --color=none -1|hexdump -C
00000000  c3 a4 0a                       |...|
Linux box locale
$ locale
LANG=fi_FI.utf8
Am I doing something wrong with winscp or is it just scandinavic bug?

Advertisement

awx

Hey there, I also have problems with UTF-8 file names:

on my linux box i have as locale: LANG=de_AT.UTF-8
i connect with SFTP v3 and "Server does not use UTF-8" off

German umlauts (äöü) work flawlessly, but file names with Russian characters don't work at all, they're just replaced with ? (existing files & files that are created with WinSCP).
Any idea?

and as we're in "Feature requests" here, UTF-8 support for SCP would be cool! 8)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

awx wrote:

German umlauts (äöü) work flawlessly, but file names with Russian characters don't work at all, they're just replaced with ? (existing files & files that are created with WinSCP).
Any idea?
WinSCP is not an Unicode application, hence it cannot work with multiple character sets at the same time. It can correctly convert only those character that are present it default character set of your windows station (what is German I guess).

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

awx wrote:

Oh, I see. Any chance it might become one? I consider this a rather important feature.
Almost no chance :-( That would mean rewrite the application from scratch.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum