link/shortcut - symlink sync

Advertisement

tsamu

link/shortcut - symlink sync

just a notice
it would be nice if sync work for local directory (windows)shortcut - remote directory symlink (winspc copies foo.lnk)
bye

Advertisement

Arthur

Re: link/shortcut - symlink sync

martin wrote:

How would you map local shortcut target path to remote symlink target path?

Hi,

I don't know if I understand correctly what you said, but I think it would be nice if there was some possibility to transfer automatically the target of a windows .lnk file, instead of copying the .lnk file itself, which is useless
1) on a Unix system
2) on a remote system

Is that possible with Winscp? If not, do you think it may be possible to add this feature to winscp one day?

Congratulation for your great software!

--
Arthur

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, so you do not want to synchronize links, just treat the link as if it were the file it actually points to?

Arthur

martin wrote:

OK, so you do not want to synchronize links, just treat the link as if it were the file it actually points to?

Yes, exactly. That would be useful (at least for me) for big files such as photographs. I can have all of them somewhere on my hard disk, and thematic selections of them in other directories elsewhere (well, actually just links). When I want to transfer these selections to an internet server for other people to have a look at them, I cannot transfer the links.

This could be at least an option, not necessarily the default behaviour.

Thanks a lot for answering my post,

--
Arthur

Advertisement

Tomas U

windows lnk stopped working in 4.1.9, please, help

Hi,
I don't know where I can turn off the new feature in 4.1.9 that makes all lnk files behave like files and not links.
Please, help me to turn it off.
Thank you,
Tom

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: windows lnk stopped working in 4.1.9, please, help

Tomas U wrote:

I don't know where I can turn off the new feature in 4.1.9 that makes all lnk files behave like files and not links.
Thanks for your post. This bug is being tracked already.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum