Remote directory

Advertisement

Tracey Allen

Remote directory

I am using the FTP protocol and do not want to specify a remote directory under Environments because the user is set up to log into a specific directory. However, I keept getting an error message, Error listing directory'/'. Could not retrieve directory listing -a does not specify a valid pathname"

How can I avoid this error?

Advertisement

kaspi

I have the same problem. Let me explain:

When you don't specify the remote FTP directory, the "/" root directory is taken as default. As I don't have root on that server I am not likely to have access to that directory. If a default directory accessible to that given username can be opened, it will solve the problem IMO.

P.S. I don't know the mechanics, but to me it seems that the server sends a response to the client, where it informs about default directory. I think this is quite easy to fix.

P.P.S. I am fed up with SmartFTP and use WinSCP on a daily basis. I found out just today, that FTP support has been added and many thanks for that. Now I can finally use only WinSCP :)

With regards,
kaspi (ondrej at honeypot dot cz)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

kaspi wrote:

When you don't specify the remote FTP directory, the "/" root directory is taken as default. As I don't have root on that server I am not likely to have access to that directory. If a default directory accessible to that given username can be opened, it will solve the problem IMO.
Can you post a log file?

P.S. I don't know the mechanics, but to me it seems that the server sends a response to the client, where it informs about default directory. I think this is quite easy to fix.
The mechanics is that the server sets current user directory to default directory (home directory) and client asks the server for path to current local directory (PWD command) to display the information to user.

martin wrote:

kaspi wrote:

Can you post a log file?

The mechanics is that the server sets current user directory to default directory (home directory) and client asks the server for path to current local directory (PWD command) to display the information to user.

Log mailed to your personal email given in contacts on your web page.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum