Terminal in SCP doesnt work for me

Advertisement

thomas

Terminal in SCP doesnt work for me

So this is my dilema, I'm currently trying to hack my iPod touch using WinSCP, to transfer files. The first couple of times worked, now for some reason I get this error whenever i try to open the terminal
Connection has been unexpectedly closed.Server sent command exit status 127."Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended).
So can anyone help me? I kinda suck at this stuff so no complicated terms :P, this has never happened before for me and I think it's more the program then the iPod, so can anyone help? :?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Terminal in SCP doesnt work for me

Sorry, I'm not sure what does not work. So are you able to login with WinSCP (maybe using SFTP)? Do I understand right that you get an error after going to Commands > Open Terminal?

thomas

Yes I am able to log into WinSCP but, when i try to go to Commands > Open Terminal like you said, I get that error.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

The SSH server is probably not able to start a shell. Are you able to login with some SSH terminal (like PuTTY)?

Advertisement

Hey guys,
I have the same problem. however for me the bin/bash/ does not work.
Do you have any other ideas how I could make the terminal working?
Thanks, Rog

skylinemate@...

I have the exact same problem.
My terminal doesn't work, and that error comes up.
Is there anyway to fix it? I have tried reinstalling WinSCP as well.

Thanks a lot.

Advertisement

I am also trying to do that with my iPod touch
On SFTP as well.
It will come up with some shell thing that its not supported, then that error 127 when I press ok.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum