WinSCP and multiple screens

Advertisement

mg

WinSCP and multiple screens

Hello.

I always use WinSCP maximized on my secondary screen. Unfortunately, it does not remember this. On startup, it does maximize, but on the first screen. So I have to un-maximize, move to second screen and maximize again. It would be very cool if it could remember the screen.

Thanks for considering.

mg

Advertisement

Re: WinSCP and multiple screens

martin wrote:

If WinSCP is not maximized on exit, does it open on correct monitor?

No, it opens on the primary screen. Also, if I move the login dialog to the second monitor and open a connection, the main WinSCP window will open on the primary screen again.

Thanks for considering this problem.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, so I guess the point is to open the main window on the same screen, where login dialog was closed, isn't it?

Advertisement

martin wrote:

OK, so I guess the point is to open the main window on the same screen, where login dialog was closed, isn't it?

Yes, but also to remember where to open the login dialog itself on startup.

Thanks for adding this to the tracker!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Shouldn't an application start on monitor, where it was launched? (the monitor, where icon was clicked for instance).

martin wrote:

Shouldn't an application start on monitor, where it was launched? (the monitor, where icon was clicked for instance).

IMO: No, it should start on the monitor where it closed last time. At least that is how other applications handle it (correctly).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

IMO: No, it should start on the monitor where it closed last time. At least that is how other applications handle it (correctly).
OK, reopening ... :-)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum