help with login

Advertisement

mencol

help with login

Hi!
I'm the new one in this forum.
I would like to use the winscp but I cant configure this aplication.
When I try to logon the host computer can't conect me because ... I don't know why???
May be I shoul before to register some my own acount on the host computer - but if is it neccesery - how to do it?
he asked me about password! what password - because my own doesn't work.
help me please
mencol

Advertisement

SerV

I've got the same problem. I read FAQ, but no answer found. Here is the problem:
I have an account on remote server, where I place my site. So, certainly, I have a login name and a password for access. I tried to connect to the server using WinSCP (through FTP). My hoster gave me an address for FTP connection, something like ftp://name@name.ru. I place it in "Host name" field, then place my login and password, then I try to login. A window appears, where I see a field for "Session password". What the password is it? And where can I get it?
Thank you.

P.S. Everything works properly through Mozilla, for example.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

SerV wrote:

I have an account on remote server, where I place my site. So, certainly, I have a login name and a password for access. I tried to connect to the server using WinSCP (through FTP). My hoster gave me an address for FTP connection, something like ftp://name@name.ru. I place it in "Host name" field, then place my login and password, then I try to login. A window appears, where I see a field for "Session password". What the password is it? And where can I get it?
Make sure that you put only name.ru to Host name field.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum