embeding sessions AND language??

Advertisement

pukkita

embeding sessions AND language??

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a no-brainer, as easy as can be winscp file/package to give to some people to connect to a server in order to send/download files.

The most easy setup for users would be to use a simple executable file that automatically connects to the server.

Thanks to the very useful documentation, I used Resource Hacker to embed a WINSCP_SESSION resource to a multilanguage winscp 4.0.7.370 executable. It works fine. I use RCDATA as Resource type, WINSCP_SESSION as Resource Name, And tried both ES and SPANISH as Resource language.

However, I cannot find a way to start in spanish.

If I put this executable alone on a folder, and place the .es translation file that comes with the installer with the same basename as the executable, nothing happens, it opens in english. I cannot find the .ini value where the application language is set, nor in the registry.

Is there any way to do this? I noticed while trying that if I modded a multilanguage 4.0.5 winscp with resource hacker, then put the 4.0.7 .es file, winscp will warn about the translated file not being for this version...

I googled and searched the forums but cannot find an answer.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: embeding sessions AND language??

pukkita wrote:

Thanks to the very useful documentation, I used Resource Hacker to embed a WINSCP_SESSION resource to a multilanguage winscp 4.0.7.370 executable.
Please note that there is only one executable. No special "multilanguage" one.

And tried both ES and SPANISH as Resource language.
It should make no difference.

If I put this executable alone on a folder, and place the .es translation file that comes with the installer with the same basename as the executable, nothing happens, it opens in english. I cannot find the .ini value where the application language is set, nor in the registry.
On clean system, WinSCP picks language according to system language.
The option to force language is LocaleSafe in [Configuration\Interface].

I noticed while trying that if I modded a multilanguage 4.0.5 winscp with resource hacker, then put the 4.0.7 .es file, winscp will warn about the translated file not being for this version...
You cannot combine translation file and executable of different versions.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum