Odd Error in 4.0.3

Advertisement

dfrandin

Odd Error in 4.0.3

I'm using WinSCP 4.0.3 to transfer files to/from several Linux machines. As I don't have root on these machines, when I login from WinSCP, I'm placed at my home directory. On one Linux machine, when I attempt to browse above /home, to several directories that I have rights to at /, I get the following error message "Host has not answered for more than 15 seconds. Still waiting... Warning: Aborting this operation will close connection!" This error ONLY occurs on one Linux system, and doesnt occur on the other several machines that I access, and only noticed this error last week. Since these are RedHat 8 machines, and no longer updated, (they're on an intranet, not exposed to the Internet). Any idea where to look for whats causing this?

Dave Frandin

Advertisement

dfrandin

Hi!
Thanks for the reply...
We've never waited for more than 30 seconds.. Is this something that will go
away after a bit?? Since it only occurs on one Linux system, I wonder if its something that has gotten misconfigured on that systems sshd..

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

dfrandin wrote:

Is this something that will go
away after a bit??
It may. Depends on cause of the timeout. I can hardly tell. Please try to wait at least a minute.

[quote="prikryl"][quote="dfrandin"]Is this something that will go
away after a bit??[/quote]
It may. Depends on cause of the timeout. I can hardly tell. Please try to wait at least a minute.[/quote]

Thank you... Will check...

Dave

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum