Option to not transfer hidden files.

Advertisement

afx114

Option to not transfer hidden files.

Hi, I LOVE WinSCP and have been using it for years. I have a feature request:

A checkbox such as "Transfer hidden files"

Here is the problem. On my local machine I have a SVN repository. I manually SCP my changes up to the webserver. The problem is that if I upload a directory, all of the hidden '.svn' directories that are present also get uploaded. There is an '.svn' sub-dir in every directory, so these hidden transfers can be pretty significant. Not only does this create a mess of hidden '.svn' folders all over the server, it also makes the upload take quite a bit longer, because the '.svn' dirs can get rather large.

I know there is an option to 'Show hidden files', which I have un-checked, however, if there are hidden folders within a folder I am uploading, they also get uploaded. A 'Transfer hidden files' checkbox would solve this issue.

I hope you consider adding this trivial feature. Thanks!

Advertisement

primehalo

I'd also like to see a "Transfer hidden files" checkbox, as well as a "Transfer system files" checkbox. The exclude mask is nice, but you have to know (and remember to enter) every hidden or system file (Thumbs.db, /RECYCLER, etc.). Having them as options would make things easier. It's easy to forget, then have to go through and delete all the hidden files that got uploaded.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum