Saving settings in synchronize and keepuptodate?

Advertisement

drmrbrewer

Saving settings in synchronize and keepuptodate?

If I have several different folders I want to synchronize with WinSCP, can I save the settings and paths etc for these individually, for quick recall when I open up the synchronize dialog within WinSCP? Same for keepuptodate. I can do this by putting the different paths into different scripts and invoking WinSCP to run the appropriate script, but it would be neat to be able to choose different sync/keepuptodate folders etc from within WinSCP itself too.

Thanks,

Mike

Advertisement

JRB_BMB

Tried using different instances of the program to monitor each folder; I know it sounds a bit overkill but the program uses minimal system resources so shouldn't be an issue.
Could always try scripting multiple file locations into a text file and calling it that way maybe???

Hope the ideas help.

drmrbrewer

Thanks. I am using invoking multiple instances of winscp at login (calling a script) to set up multiple monitor jobs. Less often I need to run a full synchronise. I could again just set up multiple shortcuts to get WinSCP to do this using command line options or a script, one for each sync job, but it would just be nice to be able to do that from within the WinSCP GUI, just selecting from a whole bunch of pre-saved sync jobs to run.

Cheers,

Mike

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Saving settings in synchronize and keepuptodate?

drmrbrewer wrote:

If I have several different folders I want to synchronize with WinSCP, can I save the settings and paths etc for these individually, for quick recall when I open up the synchronize dialog within WinSCP? Same for keepuptodate. I can do this by putting the different paths into different scripts and invoking WinSCP to run the appropriate script, but it would be neat to be able to choose different sync/keepuptodate folders etc from within WinSCP itself too.
With some effort you can use include/exclude masks for that and store each set into different transfer settings preset.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum