hangs in FTP mode after disconnection

Advertisement

ThurstonX

hangs in FTP mode after disconnection

I've noticed this behaviour on more than one PC running WinSCP 4.1.5 (Build 410). All PCs are running Windows XP Pro with SP3 and the latest updates from M$.

Here's the scenario:
start a download (1 file or many; I always use Background) and let it run to completion, and then let WinSCP get disconnected due to inactivity.

WinSCP displays a dialog box notifying user of disconnection. Buttons in the box are OK, RECONNECT and... I forget. RECONNECT will re-establish the connection without error. Acknowledging the box by clicking OK causes the "WinSCP Login" box to pop up, with Stored Sessions in view.

Clicking the Login button causes WinSCP to hang, eventually displaying the Not Responding message (in the title bar, I think). IIRC, the Login dialog box goes away, and it looks like I can interact with the server, but attempting to do so gets no reaction. Clicking the X in the upper right corner to close the app causes the Windows "End Now" dialog box to appear, which does kill the app. No problem relaunching WinSCP and logging into the same server.

This is all done using the Commander interface. I didn't have logging turned on, but I am attempting to use it now. If successful I will update this post.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: hangs in FTP mode after disconnection

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this.
Can you provide me your email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find it (if you log in) in my forum profile. Thanks.

ThurstonX

Re: hangs in FTP mode after disconnection

martin wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this.
Can you provide me your email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find it (if you log in) in my forum profile. Thanks.
I didn't see your email in your profile (I made sure I was logged in), but found it on your web site. Hopefully you've gotten my email by now.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum