Appending in scripts

Advertisement

pelleeee

Appending in scripts

Hi!

Just wondering is there any way to append to an existing file with a script? Options batch on and confirm off force an overwrite. I also tried i/o redirection with winscp.com (with batch off and confirm on so that the dialog is presented) the answer to the dialog didn't execute at the right time. The dialog was canceled and answer tried to execute after that...

Having a really big trouble finding a cmd based sftp-client that does append...

Advertisement

pelleeee

Yeah... I thought so. The appending should happen on upload. Managed to solve the problem by appending a date to the files and let the receiving end parse them. You can consider this a feature request now. Nice program anyway, thanks! :D

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

pelleeee wrote:

Yeah... I thought so. The appending should happen on upload. Managed to solve the problem by appending a date to the files and let the receiving end parse them. You can consider this a feature request now. Nice program anyway, thanks! :D
This request has been added to tracker.

Hi Martin

Just want to second that request. We are currently uploading data to a SFTP server, and once in a while the users of these will grab the data by moving them to his own PC. Once a day, data are appended to this server.

Since we can never know when the user is going to remove the data, the only way I could think of was to download from the server (sync remote->local), append to the maybe present file and upload again. But the file is growing, and I feel that there should be an easier way than to download and then upload 100MB+, basically just to see if it there.

BRGDS
Sven Sorensen, Denmark

Advertisement

Ramya

Just a doubt about append

Hi,
Just wanted to know if there are any SFTP servers supporting Append. If yes, could you please name a few.

Thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Just a doubt about append

Ramya wrote:

Just wanted to know if there are any SFTP servers supporting Append. If yes, could you please name a few.
Any SFTP does.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum