Filename codepage conversion

Advertisement

erizo

Filename codepage conversion

I wonder if I can configure the remote server codepage directly in the "host properties"? I have a number of servers with different codepages: most of them uses KOI8-R but I have servers with CP866, ISO8859-5 or even CP1251.

Yes, I know about UTF-8 on/off in options but what if my server does not support this? Sucks to be me? :)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Filename codepage conversion

erizo wrote:

Yes, I know about UTF-8 on/off in options but what if my server does not support this? Sucks to be me? :)
Well ask you vendor to implement UTF-8 :-)
According to SFTP specification the filenames should be in UTF-8. Otherwise all clients would have to implement all possible codepages. What is quite backward thing to do, in the days of Unicode, isn't it?

erizo

Some systems cannot be upgraded easily due to theirs specific features or it will take quite a long time before vendor will implement requested feature or smth else. So it would be good backward compatibility option I guess.

Oem

For correct conversion filename, you must use CharToOem API function. But you don't wont this... :( Users cry... :cry: May be users make up a voting for this conversion?

Splinty
Donor

May be convmv will solve partially You problem?
I mean running on host with (for example cp1251 file names) command
convmv -r -f cp1251 -t utf-8 *
For me it was a good solution.

Sasha.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Oem wrote:

For correct conversion filename, you must use CharToOem API function. But you don't wont this... :( Users cry... :cry: May be users make up a voting for this conversion?
WinSCP plugin does that since 1.6 beta.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum