COPYING DIRECTORIES WITHIN MY REMOTE SERVER

Advertisement

modeltdesign

COPYING DIRECTORIES WITHIN MY REMOTE SERVER

I Love the software and I have one question [which probably has a very simple answer]. However, I'm new to this and I want to make sure I'm addressing this up front.

I have a server online with 2 DRIVES mounted. The second drive is mounted as /backup and I'm using my CPanel software to make regular compressed backups to it. However I hate compression, and I'd like a little more. So, what I really want to do is make safety copies of my website's media directory, which is about 40 gigs of content, to my second /backup drive. This is in addition to the automated Cpanel backup. Right now I can access all directories involved through your software and I can easily MOVE the files to my backup drive, that's easy. However, I can't just copy, aka "cut and paste" a copy of that directory to other remote drive. I'm sure its something very easy to do, and I would really appreciate any help you can contribute. There must be a simple way to COPY within my remote server to make the safety directory on my second drive, and then check it periodically and update it every few months.

There you go, please be patient with me I'm new to this. Thanks! Michael

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum