Problem with WinSCP and SQL Server 2005 Job Agent

Advertisement

joney

Problem with WinSCP and SQL Server 2005 Job Agent

I have created an SSIS package that uses a WinSCP script file to download files from a SFTP site. When I run the SSIS package manually from the SSIS Server it works great. However when I set up a job in SQL Server Agent to execute the package, it only hangs up and does not run or error out. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a work around?

Regards

Advertisement

Not so fast. The saved session was created with the same login that the SQL Agent Service uses. The Job runs fine when run interactively, but hangs when scheduled. What's worse, when it hangs, I can no longer access the file that is being ftp'd as it is "being used by another person or program." Can't find WinSCP to shut it down. Is there a way to stop this app w/o re-booting the server?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Not so fast. The saved session was created with the same login that the SQL Agent Service uses. The Job runs fine when run interactively, but hangs when scheduled.
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_scheduler

What's worse, when it hangs, I can no longer access the file that is being ftp'd as it is "being used by another person or program." Can't find WinSCP to shut it down. Is there a way to stop this app w/o re-booting the server?
Just kill it using process manager.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum