resume when net goes down

Advertisement

quest78

resume when net goes down

I read here that you can resume downloading when using sftp and don't use drag and drop. How can I transfer file then? I haven't find any instructions. Why it doesn't resume when using drag and drop? Can anyone repair it? Please give some instructions.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: resume when net goes down

quest78 wrote:

I read here that you can resume downloading when using sftp and don't use drag and drop. How can I transfer file then?
It depends on interface (Norton Commander or Explorer) you're using. But in all cases, it is not difficult to find "Copy" command in menu. There are keyboard shortcuts, but they differ for each interface.

Why it doesn't resume when using drag and drop? Can anyone repair it?
It is technical problem. I have explained this many times in this forum, so only briefly about the reason: Source application (WinSCP) of drag & drop operation does not know, where the file is dropped. Putting file in destination directory is responsibility of target application (probably Explorer). So WinSCP cannot do the resume as it does not know, if there is something in target directory already. Also image the case that target of drag&drop is not a folder. It maybe ZIP file. How do I resume to ZIP file unless I implement ZIPPing itself in WinSCP? What if target is FTP server? I would have to implement FTP client, etc....

Of course, everything can be solved somehow. But it takes time...

quest78

Re: resume when net goes down

Thank you for information. Now it seems to working. I didn't understand that copy-button was that...:D

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum