Trnasferring files from one drive to another on remote serve

Advertisement

germain

Trnasferring files from one drive to another on remote serve

I'm using winSCP 4.18 to connect to my newly purchased remote server with sftp-3. I'm a noob using a dedicated server. The server has 4 separate drives. These drives are located on the same level as the root folder. My provider has set things up so that I have separate ftp & http access to each drive.

I will need to be able to transfer files from one drive to another from time to time. When I attempt to move files, I get a general error 4 message. Not much help there. Is there a work around?

I have some limited shell experience and have transferred files from one remote server to another. But, I am stumped as to how I might set up the command to transfer form one drive to another on the same server.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Trnasferring files from one drive to another on remote serve

germain wrote:

I will need to be able to transfer files from one drive to another from time to time. When I attempt to move files, I get a general error 4 message.
Please read FAQ for the error.

I have some limited shell experience and have transferred files from one remote server to another. But, I am stumped as to how I might set up the command to transfer form one drive to another on the same server.
If you have shell access, you may use "cp" command (providing it is unix-based server).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum