ftp upload truncate sometime somefile

Advertisement

Cronos

ftp upload truncate sometime somefile

I'm using the latest stable release, i'm trying this software from about 3-4 hours and it seem to be interesting.

I'm using the ftp protocol to transfer file from local to server with the commander mode.

Sometime ( not alwyas ) it truncate the file, just for example if the file have 50 line, at 30 line it truncate all, "</tabl" could be an example of the truncated line.

With the other software all goes ok, it does this problem with the php file, html, etc, all the text-plain file.
So, i tried to set binary file transfer, nothing changed.

If you need i can give you an account just to try by yourself ( the server is mine ).
It gave me the problem with varius file,tring to upload the file next-time the file stop at the same character.
If i try to delete the file, then, reupload, it stop at the same character.

The local-filesize are different from the server-filesize ( as shown in the winscp panel )

The filesize is about 3-4kb ( so nothing very big, or nothing very small )

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: ftp upload truncate sometime somefile

OK, please create the test account for me. Thanks.
If you do not want to post account details here, you can send me an email. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link to this topic. Thanks.

ct24498

Any update on that issue?

I've exactly the same problem. I'm using WinSCP Version 4.1.8 (Build 415) on Windwos XP Professional SP2.

When transfering files from local to remote with FTP passive mode nearly every file is truncated even the small ones (1 to 4 kB) regardless of the transfer mode (binary or text).

Thx for your help.

N.b.: I'm using WinSCP now for 2 years or so and I am very satisfied with this excellent software. I used it with sftp und scp and it worked like a charme. Only the FTP mode makes problems now. Unfortunatly the provider of the remote system does not support scp/sftp.

Cronos_guest

I haven't done the test on the wired connection ( i had a LOT of work to do :( )
ct24498 have you a wireless connection or a wired connection?
if you have a wireless connection try to connect with the wired connection, else the problem isn't in the wireless

Advertisement

ct24498

Wireless testing

I'll do the test with a wired connection tomorrow, when I've access to the required environment (I'm not keen on doing cableing now).

Meanwhile I've upgraded WinSCP to Version 4.1.9 (Build 416). Situation remains the same.

Cheers,

ct24498

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Any update on that issue?

ct24498 wrote:

I've exactly the same problem. I'm using WinSCP Version 4.1.8 (Build 415) on Windwos XP Professional SP2.

When transfering files from local to remote with FTP passive mode nearly every file is truncated even the small ones (1 to 4 kB) regardless of the transfer mode (binary or text).
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum