Make "Synchronise Browsing" a configurable option

Advertisement

Graham

Make "Synchronise Browsing" a configurable option

I have one very minor suggestion. It would be quite helpful to have the "Synchronise Browsing" setting (on the Commands menu) an option that could be stored, perhaps in the connection settings. I realise this navigation aid is not useful for everyone, but it is for me, and it would be great if I could set up WinSCP so it is switched on by default.

BTW just wanted to say thanks for the great work. I had been struggling with various half-baked (s)ftp clients for years before I discovered WinSCP a few weeks ago! Well Done.

thanks,
Graham

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Make "Synchronise Browsing" a configurable option

Option "Synchronise Browsing" is being stored. However it is restored for the next session, only if the initial directories have the last path components the same. I.e. d:\documents\myweb v.s. /home/username/httpdocs/myweb

kjeffcoat
Donor

Hi there,

I hope that this is the right place to post this.

I was wondering if Synchronize Browsing could be made an option within Location Profiles, because my initial directories for many FTP connections, especially if they are root connections that I might manage several sites with, might not match. However, my Location Profiles DO. It would be great if when I created a Location Profile, while naming it I could check a box that said, "Automatically synchronize browsing when switching to this location profile" or something of the sort.

Would this be possible?

Kevin

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

kjeffcoat wrote:

I was wondering if Synchronize Browsing could be made an option within Location Profiles, because my initial directories for many FTP connections, especially if they are root connections that I might manage several sites with, might not match. However, my Location Profiles DO. It would be great if when I created a Location Profile, while naming it I could check a box that said, "Automatically synchronize browsing when switching to this location profile" or something of the sort.
Thanks for your post. This request has been added to tracker.

Advertisement

RichTWebGuy

Turn on Synchronized Browsing by default

Seems like in Session => Environment => Directories, it would be nice to have a checkbox for turn-on Synchronized Browsing by default when the connection is established.

Synchronized Browsing is the first thing I do after connection - always.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum