Opening a file without clicking

Advertisement

Opening a file without clicking

Hi,

is it possible to open a file in internal editor without clicking on file, but by writing filename somewhere?

Exactly in the same way as you could write exact directory and open it without browsing through all the directories?

Advertisement

Thanks for the reply!
Sometimes there are a lot of files in the same dir, so it would save a lot of time (as I do this very frequently) if I could just write filename without scrolling through the list and searching for the necessary file.

Perhaps you could tweak "Open Directory" window to be able to open files also?

Or is there another way to do the same what I want?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for the reply!
Sometimes there are a lot of files in the same dir, so it would save a lot of time (as I do this very frequently) if I could just write filename without scrolling through the list and searching for the necessary file.
If you start typing file name in the panel WinSCP will look it up.

hawk

opening files via pasting a full file name

martin wrote:

Thanks for the reply!
If you start typing file name in the panel WinSCP will look it up.

I'd also like to voice support for the ability to open a file by pasting in a full path to the filename. It's an extra step to navigate to the directory, and sometimes I do not know the filename, it's just in my clipboard. It might be something encrypted such as alsdjkfh23k4u28cnj and it's tricky to type that in and land on the correct file. Any idea if this can be added? I've seen a few other requests for the same feature in this forum.

Or, if anyone could suggest another tool or method of using this tool to view remote files in a local editor and edit/save them I'd greatly appreciate it!

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum