WinSCP 4.1.8 freeze on changing local directory

Advertisement

thankfuluser

WinSCP 4.1.8 freeze on changing local directory

Hi, I use 4.1.8 to connect via SFTP in Norton Command view on Win XP SP 3. When I try to change local folder from D:\My Documents to E:\ after program start via the drive dropdown list the program freezes in 50-75% of all cases and I have to kill it via task manager. If it does not freeze, everything works fine after directory change.

This problem might be related to the fact that I have moved the document folder from E: to D: I suspect a bug or problem with the proper handling of CSIDL_PERSONAL/CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS.

Also, this problem could be easily circumvented if WinSCP would not ignore any specific startup folder specified in a windows shortcut (I would just give the proper local dir as startup dir and hopefully prevent the freeze that way)

Thanks & keep up the good work!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP 4.1.8 freeze on changing local directory

Can you provide me your email address, so I can send you a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? If you do not want to post the address here, you can send me an email. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link to this topic. Thanks.

thankful

Thank you for such a fast reply. Not at all, send it to <removed>.

Am I correct that winscp currently ignores any start folder settings? If so, I would gladly like to submit that as a feature request.

Thanks again!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

thankful wrote:

Thank you for such a fast reply. Not at all, send it to <removed>.
Will do soon.

Am I correct that winscp currently ignores any start folder settings? If so, I would gladly like to submit that as a feature request.
Correct. You can specify initial local directory on Directories tab of login dialog. If I make WinSCP start in startup folder by default, it would affect existing installations. All the icons created by previous versions have icons setup with startup folder in installation folder.

Advertisement

Pallieter

nearly the same issue

I run Vista Pro 32-bit, even with only 1 session open if I wait a while WinSCP will freeze (have now had it happen 30+ times, even after a reboot).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: nearly the same issue

Pallieter wrote:

I run Vista Pro 32-bit, even with only 1 session open if I wait a while WinSCP will freeze (have now had it happen 30+ times, even after a reboot).
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic. Thanks.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum