How to use WinSCP with Multiple Tunnels?

Advertisement

adamw

How to use WinSCP with Multiple Tunnels?

Hi All,

I'm using the 4.1.8 build 415. I have a unique situation where I have to make multiple hops to get to the server I want to use the "Keep remote directory up to date" feature. So, my question is, how can I work with the following situation:

[Windows Workstation] > [Server A] > [Server B] > [Destination Server]

The option I'm using right now is syncing the directory with Server B and while sshed into Server B, scp the contents to the Destination Server. However, the connection from Server A to Server B times out when I'm inactive for long periods of time. I've also worked with rsync, but haven't delved into it very much.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation?

Thanks!

Advertisement

adamw

Re: How to use WinSCP with Multiple Tunnels?

Thanks for the quick response. I've looked over the FAQ a few times... perhaps I'm just not getting it. I need more than one tunnel to connect to my destination server. Any light you could shed would be great.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, I know it is not mentioned explicitly. You need to follow the guide to setup tunnel in PuTTY. But you need to have two instances of PuTTY, one connecting to the another.

adamw

Sorry for not posting this sooner. I figured it out. This is going to make my life way easier. I realize that there are only a select few persons with my situation, but it would be a neat feature if you could do multiple tunnels natively in WinSCP. Kind of like where you can add tunnel connections in a list and rearrange the connection order. But, that may be a bit far fetched. Thanks again for developing and maintaining such a versatile product!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

iassa wrote:

How to do actually set up putty to connect to one another? Help me please.
The same way you configure WinSCP to connect to PuTTY. Read the FAQ linked above.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum