Can no longer connect to server via winscp

Advertisement

hgolov

Can no longer connect to server via winscp

Hi everyone,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this!
I have been using winSCP for almost a year and have been very happy with it. Thank you!
Yesterday, when I tried to connect to one of my saved connections, I couldn't. I just kept getting a timeout. I've gone through the manual, the forums, the faq, and followed all the advice there. I updated to the latest version, uninstalled and re-installed, restarted my computer, my modem, checked my firewall, did anything I could think of. I still cannot connect to any of the servers that have always worked for me until now.
Other programmers at my office have no problem, so I don't think anything has changed on the servers.
Please help!!!

Thanks

Advertisement

hgolov

Already Checked Firewall Settings

Hi,
I already checked both windows firewall and avg free resident shields and added exceptions for winscp.
Thanks

Re: Already Checked Firewall Settings

hgolov wrote:

Hi,
I already checked both windows firewall and avg free resident shields and added exceptions for winscp.
Thanks
Can you ssh (putty.exe) to the server?
What happen if you telnet to server 22 (22 is ssh port)?

djo

same here

must say that i have had the same experience recently and moved to some other software that has no problems connecting. the servers are ftp.

i keep on getting this, on different servers:

Timeout detected.
Could not retrieve directory listing
PORT command successful
Error listing directory '/'.

weird.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: same here

djo wrote:

Timeout detected.
Could not retrieve directory listing
PORT command successful
Error listing directory '/'.
Have you tried passive mode?

Same experience after Windows 10 update

I've been using WinSCP for years without issue. At the end of June 2017 Windows did an automatic update and WinSCP has not worked for me since (does not connect to the remote computer over the serial/USB port). Here are some of the things I have found:

1. Windows overwrites the drivers. I replaced the drivers and some other issues were resolved but not this one.

2. This issue does not occur on my 32-bit Windows 10 computer, even with updates.

3. Tera-Term works after I change to the correct Serial/USB port that is associated with the ip address.

4. I cannot make a remote connection with PuTTY

5. I tried other FTP tools but none work. My preference would be to get WinSCP running again.

Thanks,

Teno

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same experience after Windows 10 update

What does it mean "Serial/USB port that is associated with the ip address"?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum