Synchronize by Windows Schedule tasks - what to put there?

Advertisement

flarne

Synchronize by Windows Schedule tasks - what to put there?

Trying to synchronize local and remote stuff by the Window Schedule task and found some useful info . I follow the example by setting the path to the executive file C:\Program Files\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe and in the command line I put it like: /command "open user:password@example.com it". Well, it gets me nowhere.

When I skip the first part "/command" I at least get WinSCP started but the host is not to be found. I can't see that I've set password and host wrong given the example.

What am I missing here? (And what should the line look like using session instead...?)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Synchronize by Windows Schedule tasks - what to put there?

What do you see in the console window after you run the command? What does the it at the end mean? It should not be there.

flarne

Sorry, that it shouldn't be there, only appeared in this post, though.

Didn't get the command line to work in the Task Scheduler but when i put the command in a script instead and used /script=... it worked just fine.

Thanks for your reply and excellent service!

flarne

Yes, the Scheduler starts the script:
option batch on
option confirm off
open session
synchronize both H:\Musik /Public/Music
close
exit
But after mapping up the content WinSCP won't start transferring due to desktop.ini files can't be found. Manual synch proceed just fine.

My session is stored to ini-file. I'm using ftp only and a Qnap NAS.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

OK, I guess the scheduler account does not have permissions to the folder. If that's not true, please post a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. For posting extensive logs you may use pastebin or similar application. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

flarne

Yes, it was a permission problem. I set up an account on the server identical with my Window account and now it works fine... even if I have some smaller issues with files or folders repeatedly interrupting the synchronization which makes the whole process stop (think it concerns specific letters or characters in the file and folder names such as '#/ - yes, I've set them to be replaced in the config)... Are such synch problems supposed to be ignored by the command lines above? I can deal with corrupted synch on specific files but it's some irritating when the process just won't ignore them and go on...

Another even smaller issue... is there a way to automatically clear the log file on a scheduled scheme...?

Thanks, for a wonderful forum...

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

flarne wrote:

Are such synch problems supposed to be ignored by the command lines above?
No they are not. Synchronization interrupts on error. Though I do not understand what errors are you having. Can you explain?

Another even smaller issue... is their a way to automatically clear the log file on a scheduled scheme...?
What is scheduled scheme? Though you can configure WinSCP to overwrite log files.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum