Custom Commands: List of Selected Files Excludes Directories

Advertisement

purefusion

Custom Commands: List of Selected Files Excludes Directories

Using !& to pass selected files to a command excludes selected directories! I can't believe this has gone un-noticed this long, but if you want to keep files separate from directories, at least give alternates for both selected-directories-only (perhaps !^) and selected-files-and-directories (perhaps !*).

Thanks! :)

Advertisement

purefusion

Aha, I was wondering about those options. While it's not necessarily intuitively obvious that it applied to the "selected files" pattern, I thought something was hiding, and I'm glad it was only a preference.

While I'm on the topic, I was trying to implement a chmod command that applied only to folders, and the main reason is because the "Apply X to directories" from the chmod section of the properties doesn't work for subdirectories 90% of the time. I've seen it work before, but not recently.

Is there a setting I'm missing for that too? Wouldn't think there needs to be.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

purefusion wrote:

While I'm on the topic, I was trying to implement a chmod command that applied only to folders, and the main reason is because the "Apply X to directories" from the chmod section of the properties doesn't work for subdirectories 90% of the time.
when it does not work?

Is there a setting I'm missing for that too? Wouldn't think there needs to be.
There's no such option. You can simply select the directory only, cannot you?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum