Somehow the main menu disappeared. How do I get it back? Thank you,

John

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Main menu disappeared

Go to registry and delete:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Configuration\Interface\Commander]
"ToolbarsLayout2"="...."

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Configuration\Interface\Explorer]
"ToolbarsLayout2"="...."
(edited in 2023 with new value name – ToolbarsLayout2)

mindjoy

prikryl, thank you. However, I find it troublesome having to edit the Windows registry to get the menu back. Could you please explain how this can happen that the menu disappears and why can't we get it to be displayed in some simpler way? Thanks again,

John

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I understand. But there's no way how a user can hide main menu. So naturally there's no need to have simple way to show it again. I do not know how it happened to you. Are you able to reproduce the problem?

jknickrehm

Main Menu Bar Locked To Monitor

My Menu Bar (Local Mark Files Commands Session Options Remote Help) Is stuck in the Upper Right Corner of my Main Monitor.
I can move The Window to any of my screens, But the Bar stays Fixed in position on my Main.
I cannot move the bar.
I can Only drag the right side to change the shape and orientation of Words.
Left Upper Corner stays Fixed.
Almost looks as if the top part of the bar is off screen.
When Winscp has the focus the Bar appears, If I click on something else and WinSCP looses the Focus it Dissappears...

I don't know how it got outside the window.
How do I get it back into My Winscp?

Description: Snipped a Picture Of Menu Bar. I have Winscp Window open on my other monitor.

winscpBar3.png

Advertisement

merlinuwe

The trick with the registry didn't work for me. But this:
  1. Be sure not to wear some flowers in your hair, but to have a backup of your configurations. ;-)
  2. Uninstall WinSCP
  3. Install WinSCP. Now the Menu is visible again.
  4. Load your configurations (see screenshot).
HTH

Description: Don't forget to save your configurations.

winscp.png

winscp.png

Advertisement

la00

Hello, same problem. The registry edition could not work as the entries did not exist.
Uninstalling/reinstalling works but without ini backup. If I load the backup, the problem occurs again.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@la00: I agree that what @merlinuwe wrote cannot help – Reinstalling WinSCP with keeping the configuration cannot change anything.

Regarding the registry entries: In the current version of WinSCP, the values are ToolbarsLayout2 (not ToolbarsLayout).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum