WinSCP disconnect from server regualry when using SSL/TLS

Advertisement

Roberts

WinSCP disconnect from server regualry when using SSL/TLS

Hello!

I am trying to syncronize local folder c:\work with remote on FTP server.
There are ~ 2Gb of files. When I use simple FTP witout SSL/TLS all files
after some time are syncronized to ftp server. But when I am using SSL/TLS
it is giving me errors after WinSCP has cpoied some files to server.
Disconnecting is happening on different file upload stages. After
I start syncronization againt it also coppies some files to server and again disconnect.
If I repeate syncronization lot lot of times WinSCP at the end has copied all files to server.

Errors, taht is shown in log are:

[i]. 2009-07-01 11:21:11.687 Asking user:
. 2009-07-01 11:21:11.687 Error listing directory '/'. ("Could not retrieve directory listing","CWD successful. ""/"" is current directory.")
[/i]

or

. 2009-07-01 11:22:21.046 Asking user:
. 2009-07-01 11:22:21.046 Error listing directory '/'. ("Could not retrieve directory listing","Directory already exists")

Using Server: FileZilla 0.9.32 beta
Using Client: WinSCP 4.22; Windows XP PRO
Transfering using: SSL/TLS Implicit

c:\FileSync\winscp422.exe session@ftp.domainname.lv /script=c:\FileSync\script.txt /log=c:\FileSync\sync.log

##script.txt
option confirm off
option batch on
synchronize remote -criteria=date -delete c:\work /
synchronize remote -criteria=size -delete c:\work /
put c:\FileSync\sync.log /

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP disconnect from server regualry when using SSL/TLS

Please post a full log file showing the problem.

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. For posting extensive logs you may use pastebin or similar application. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

pill

Hello,

I have the exact same problem, when scripting a file transfer on an explicit TLS FileZilla server.

I am using 4.2.2 (build 480)

It works fine over SSH on other operations I use it for (4.1.9 though), but for some reason over TLS it tries to MKDIR a dir that already exists, like it did not PWD correctly or something, thus hanging when using batch on confirm off.

When batch off confirm off, I (S)kip the directory failure and it transfers some more files, until it regularly loses connection to the server, and tries again, and loses, and tries again..

I know TLS is in early implementation, but I wouldn't mind a fix ;)

Great software by the way!

Regards,

-p

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum