can't minimize window in Windows Vista

Advertisement

ps

can't minimize window in Windows Vista

Hello,

I can't minimize the WinSCP window in Windows Vista. This is while I'm connected to a remote computer. It only occurs after I save a file. So the steps to this problem are this:

1. Open WinSCP.
2. Connect to remote directory.
3. Right click file in remote directory and click Edit.
4. Edit file, and save it (in my own text editor -- Notepad++ which I have set to be default in WinSCP).
5. Then, WinSCP will prompt me for my password again for the remote computer (it only does this first time I want to save, and then at random saves after that (i.e. not every time -- this is not a problem, I don't mind entering my password - and it's probably due to how the remote computer is set up)).
6. After I enter my password, the remote directory refreshes.
7. I click on the minimize button at the top of the window, the window 'wiggles' a bit, but doesn't minimize.

A couple notes:
(i) if I never save during a session, then the window will minimize just fine
(ii) I do NOT have the "minimize to tray" preference set.

I have the latest version of WinSCP. I really like your program. Thanks for all your work. I hope you can fix this problem.

Advertisement

ps

I forgot to add that I am using SFTP-3 server protocol when connecting. I am using WinSCP 4.1.9, and I'm pretty sure I could minimize in the version previous to this one. I am using the GUI in Explorer format.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum