login password

Advertisement

black_ps

login password

If i enter a wrong password via SFTP then i enter the correct password and i modify a file let's say /etc/passwd with internal editor it will ask me again the password,what about a option to save the new password and not remeber the first entered password,and another thing,what about a option to open a file and start edit it directly,without the need to change the directory where is passwd let's say,without need to go to /etc/ to modify /etc/passwd ? Something to be added like Files > Open File.
And other thing is why not chaning rm with rm -rf file it can take hours to delete a directory with many files..
Thanks.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: login password

black_ps wrote:

If i enter a wrong password via SFTP then i enter the correct password and i modify a file let's say /etc/passwd with internal editor it will ask me again the password,what about a option to save the new password and not remeber the first entered password
I believe that WinSCP does that. At least it worked for me with the latest version (4.2.2). What version are you using? Does it happen only when you enter a wrong password the first time?

and another thing,what about a option to open a file and start edit it directly,without the need to change the directory where is passwd let's say,without need to go to /etc/ to modify /etc/passwd ? Something to be added like Files > Open File.
This request is being tracked already.

And other thing is why not chaning rm with rm -rf file it can take hours to delete a directory with many files..
Thanks.
WinSCP does that if the protocol allows it (SCP only).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

black_ps wrote:

Yes it's happen when i enter the wrong password first time,an option to save password after you enter the correct one , i`m using 4.2.2 build 480 beta.
I'm sending you a debug version.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum